Get comfortable with your new and improved ability to hear what’s around you.
Your hearing evaluation is over and you have chosen your new hearing aids. It’s now time for your fitting, which is an important step in ensuring that your new hearing aids work properly.
During your fitting, your audiologist will adjust the settings on your hearing aids to best suit your needs based on your prescription.
When having your hearing aids fitted with Louisiana Ear Nose Throat & Sinus (LENTS), you will be guided through the following:
- How your hearing aids work
- Proper insertion and removal
- Changing batteries
- Maintenance and cleaning
Tips for Making the Most of Your Fitting Session
It’s natural to feel nervous during your fitting session. Your audiologist will work with you to ensure you’re comfortable with your new hearing aids and that all of your questions are answered.
Here are a few tips to make sure you get the most out of your fitting session:
- Bring close friends or family to the appointment. They can provide you support and help you remember what is explained during the appointment.
- Although your hearing aids are based on a scientific prescription, small adjustments can be made during this process.
- Be prepared to give your audiologist feedback during tests. The more you can communicate with them, the better they can fine-tune the aids to give you optimal results.
- You will still be able to provide feedback and have your hearing aids adjusted as needed after this initial fitting.
- Give yourself time to adjust to your new hearing aids while being aware of the changes in your ability to hear. It may take some time to adapt to the new sounds you’re able to hear.
- Stay positive! Research shows that those who remain positive throughout the process experience better results.
The result of the fitting should be clear and comfortable hearing aids that improve your ability to hear your surroundings. If this is not the case, inform your audiologist. A questionnaire will also be provided to analyze your results and make changes if needed.
Louisiana Ear Nose Throat & Sinus has decades of experience successfully fitting patients with hearing aids. Our on-staff audiologists are trained to give you the best possible results and ease you into your new hearing aids. Schedule your appointment today.
Frustrated by sudden and unexplained hearing loss?
Schedule an appointment with the Audiology & Hearing Specialists at Louisiana Ear Nose Throat & Sinus today!Request an Appointment